When you have spent your whole life dieting you think calories, calories, calories! A simple mind state shift can make a world of difference. I know it’s easier said than done but try to shift your focus to ingredients. Think about what’s good for your body. When you are eating what’s good for your body, calories shouldn’t and don’t matter.
This past weekend I was invited to a Superbowl party, my favorite type of party! Football, family, friends & food. Knowing my kryptonite at these parties is dessert I decided to control it, I would bring it. I also didn’t want to ruin my Superbowl fun by thinking about calories or how much I ate. So i created what I called a safe splurge. I pulled out 3 “healthy” ingredients & made cookies! They had fiber, omega 3’s, antioxidants & potassium. I had 4 & didn’t think twice about it because I knew I wasn’t loading my body with sugar and empire calories.
3 INGREDIENT DARK CHOCOLATE COOKIES
- 3 bananas
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups oats
- 18 dark chocolate Hershey kisses
- Blend bananas and peanut butter until creamy
- Add two cups of oats & stir by hand
- Preheat the over to 350
- Spray pan & roll oat mixture into balls
- Bake for approximately 12 minutes or until you see the bottom of the cookie has browned
- While cookies are baking, unwrap Hershey kisses
- The minute the cookies come out of the oven place 1 chocolate kiss into each cookie and press down
- Let them cool & enjoy