I love dessert. I love sweets. I love sugar.
Proof, I took my engagement pictures with cupcakes, enough said.
Many of us live with an all or nothing mentality. We are either perfect or completely off the wagon & I mean completely off. With that mentality, it’s common to think one must completely cut out sugar in order to have any slim down success.
But I am on a mission to live in the land of cupcakes and skinny jeans! Therefore, I spend much of my time & energy on the hunt for ways to have cake and eat it too (pun intended). Essentially trying to find ways to splurge & save at the same time. The secret is this, take a favorite high fat, high sugar ingredient and combine it with a low calorie, healthier ingredient. It’s the best of both worlds when it comes to satisfying a sweet tooth.
Here are a couple of the best combo’s I’ve created thus far, at least my taste buds think so.
1. Cake Batter+ Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup 2% Greek Yogurt + 1 Cup Cool Whip + 2 TBSP. Cake Batter (the mix from the box)
2. Greek Yogurt + Coconut & Chocolate
- 1- 8 Ounce 2% Coconut Greek Yogurt w/ 2 TBSP chocolate chips
3. Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 1 whole bag air popped pop corn + 2 tbsp PB2 + 2 tbsp chocolate chips
Note** PB2 is powdered peanut butter. It is 45 calories for 2 TBSP. It is sold in most grocery stores, in the peanut butter aisle.